google-site-verification=cQ3VqzoEktFt40uovlR5iyuXhmddmenveWmuF94LWZs

Sunday 17 April 2016

In The Pink, Part I

I am just loving pink this season in all its different shades and have indulged in a few pieces already - a pink shirt from Uniqlo which I picked up for a song in their recent sale - it was all of £9.90 - so cheap I had to have the pale blue as well.  Moving on... I now have a salmon pink fine knit sweater from Top Shop, which I am looking forward to pairing with khaki trousers, and a blush pink cashmere sweater from the ASOS White sale.  All of the above are sadly sold out however I have several other pink gems which are still available later on in this post.

So as I am so keen on adding a touch of pink to my wardrobe, I have been scanning Pinterest avidly to pick up some style ideas...
via Pinterest
I have spotted several pink suede shoes during my browsings - pink suede shoes look fab with tanned feet and legs and would be great styled with jeans or dresses.

The Sartorialist via Pinterest
I am looking forward to pairing my pink shirt with some beige (hate that word!) slouchy trousers.

Sheerluxe.com via Pinterest
Grey and pink look delicious together don't they?

WhoWhatWear via Pinterest
Love this combo of pale pink sweater and flats with cropped blue jeans.


via Pinterest
Bring your black jeans into Spring/Summer by teaming them with a pale pink blouse and accessories.


Also, along with a million or two other ladies, I have tried the M&S Alexa Chung pink blouse, sadly without success. The shade of pink was perfect but the style did absolutely NOTHING for me.  I also tried this blush pink Limited Edition Chiffon Blouse which has been winking at me for a few weeks now during my internet meanderings, but it just didn't suit me, so back it went.  
So I've set off in search of alternative pink gems, beginning today with H&M who have some fabulous pieces this season, and not just the pink ones, but it's pink all the way today.

In no particular order, here come the pinks...

Small Bucket Bag, £14.99
This bag is a great size to add just a touch of colour to an outfit and could be used with a suit for the office or for more informal day to day wear. 
Earrings with tassels, £6.99

Fabulous styled with a crisp white shirt and blue jeans.
I'm getting a pair!

Small Shoulder Bag, £12.99
Small, but perfectly formed cross body bag for day or evening wear.

Jumper in a silk blend, £25
Keep the Spring chills at bay with this fine knit silk blend sweater at the bargain price of £25. This would be fab paired with denim cut offs during the Summer too.

Wedge Heel Espadrilles, £24.99
Espadrilles are so comfy to wear and just to repeat myself the pale pink will look fabulous next to tanned skin.  Wear with shorts, dresses or skirts.



Fine Knit Jumper, £12.99

Another bargain piece for your sweater drawer!

Pleated Maxi Dress, £49.99
Do you have a wedding to attend this Spring/Summer?  I know if I did this gorgeous pink dress would be mine in a flash, paired with the pink suede sandals below. Divine.

Suede Sandals, £49.99

Crinkled Dress, £24.99

A great little dress for holidays...

Crinkled Blouse, £14
A great basic blouse with the added bonus of detailing. Great dressed up or down.



Silk Shirt, £29.99
A pure silk shirt for less than £30?!  What are you waiting for?!

Chiffon Blouse, £14.99
I love, love, love the sleeve and pleat detailing on this pink chiffon top. Again perfect for smarter or more casual outfits.

Turtleneck Jumper, £19.99
Love the shade of pink of this one and the neck styling. Pair with white or blue jeans.


Off the Shoulder Top, £29.99
More fantastic detail on this top, particularly love the scalloped edges. It would look fab with a skirt, jeans or shorts.


Lace Dress, £59.99
And to finish with... another perfect dress for a Summer wedding.
Will you be in the pink this Summer? 

Sue xx












No comments :

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you! Please leave a comment/ask a question.