google-site-verification=cQ3VqzoEktFt40uovlR5iyuXhmddmenveWmuF94LWZs

Saturday 4 March 2017

Grown-up Grunge

After a break of a few weeks/months I have made it back to my blogging space. The juggling act of work, family and home has finally allowed some time for my most favourite hobby.

Today I'm talking all things grey, rather like the recent weather we've been having. Grey clothing however can be tres chic.

First up, Inspiration via Pinterest...

3 Online Courses That Will Improve Your Life: Simple style. Love the grey tones. #minimalchic #streetstyle:





Grey skinny jeans, grey slouchy jumper and animal print ankle boots.:

Last week I purchased a pair of grey jeans from M&S (here). I wanted to love them as the price point was well within budget at £25. However at 5'8" these jeans were way too cropped for me, they just felt wrong and I'm not adverse to a crop jean.  So back they went.  I then went on the hunt for another grey jean and found the perfect pair at Topshop.  Today I wore them for the first time with the rest of the items (or similar) below,
Grown-up Grunge
Boden Cashmere Grey Hoodie £119.20 if sold out in your size try this one in the sale at White Company. I also love this hooded cardiganthis hooded jumper  and this hooded jacket all from H&M, so all purse-friendly.

M&S Moon Drop Earrings £9.50 Big earrings are big news - try these , these or these too.

Mango White Tee £12.99 Slogan tees are really popular this season - I can vouch for the quality of the Mango tees as I bought one last year with a black print. Great for wearing on their own in the warmer months or as a layer under a sweater and/or jacket for now.

ASOS Western Belt £16 The silver hardware gives this belt an extra edge.

Topshop Grey Straight Leg Jeans £40 So, so comfy and a change from blue and black jeans.

M&S Block Heel Leather Ankle Boot £45 Soft leather, ultra-comfy, perfect height on the ankle.

M&S Black Longline Jersey Jacket £39.50 I've not bought this as I have a shorter H&M one which does the job, but the longer length on this would look great with the grey base outfit.


From time to time I make a purchase which I know will be worn and worn and these jeans are one of those.  I'm already planning on wearing them with black heels like these for a rare night out, or with leopard boots like these ( £30 in the Next clearance section.)



See you soon,

Sue xx









No comments :

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you! Please leave a comment/ask a question.