google-site-verification=cQ3VqzoEktFt40uovlR5iyuXhmddmenveWmuF94LWZs

Saturday 3 September 2016

Key Players for Autumn/Winter 2016

It's September already!...whoa! slow down 2016.

A couple of days into September and less than a week after my Summer Holiday, and I'm fully focused on Autumn/Winter clothes.  Although I have still been wearing some of my Summer wardrobe this week and have a Summer dress on its way from ASOS.  The latter will more than likely be sent back or will be a lovely "new" surprise for me when I open my Summer "Box" (read suitcase) come Springtime.

There are several trends that I will be researching and dipping my toe into this season and as I'm a generous soul when it comes to fashion I thought I would share these with you in a general round-up. More detailed posts will follow shortly looking at what's available on the High Street for each one of these trends, interspersed with closer looks at some of our High Street faves.

So welcome Autumn/Winter 2016...


1. Velvet
Always a player in Autumn/Winter wardrobes, particularly as Christmas and party season approaches, velvet is a sumptuous, sophisticated choice.  This season it will not only be seen in dresses, tops, skirts, trousers and jackets, but also in bags, shoes and boots. A real velvet frenzy in a myriad of different hues. Delicious.

Valentino via Pinterest



2. Dark Florals
Spring florals will continue into Autumn/Winter, albeit in a darker, more sultry mood.Some printed, some embroidered.  Mouth-wateringly good.

Giabattista Valli via Pinterest

Floral Dress from Zara



3. Leopard
Leopard has now achieved neutral status and is worn both day and night without its "lady of the night" stigma. Hooray! Look out for it as expected in coats and shoes, but also dresses and skirts will be popular this season.

Dennis Basso via Pinterest




4. Military
AT-TEN-SHUN! Military continues as an Autumn trend. Expect to see jackets but also longer length military coats.

Burberry Prorsum via Pinterest



5. Sequins
I purchased a sequin top from H&M last season and wore it a sum total of twice. So I am very pleased that sequins are still trending this Autumn/Winter.  I'll be dressing my sequin top down with denim and flats and may even try wearing it as an everyday piece instead of saving it for an elusive "night out". Watch out for sequins in tops, dresses, skirts and trousers.  Try them for an instant "party" feel even in the middle of the day.
Valentino via Pinterest



6. Ruffles and Frills
Yep, I have dipped my toe in the ruffle and frill trend too.  I have a couple of shirts lurking in my wardrobe from last season which will reappear this Autumn as the trend continues.  It has moved to knitwear too which in some cases appears more subtle than on shirts, so may be easier to wear for everyday?  We shall see.
Gucci via Pinterest



7. Tailoring
Tailoring never really goes away, acting as an anchor for other more transient trends. So perhaps not a surprise that it was prevalent on the catwalks for Autumn/Winter 2016.  Watch out for easy to wear fluid lines and edgy prints.

Dries van Noten via Pinterest



8. Embroidery
Embroidery which popped up in Spring/Summer this year continues to trend this season.  Expect to see it on jeans, bomber jackets, shirts and dresses. The detail on the Zara dress below is spot on and links in nicely with the darkly romantic floral theme above.

Elie Saab via Pinterest



9. Sports Luxe
The Sports Luxe trend is a more tailored sporty option than the recently hailed "AthLeisure" and doesn't look like you've just stepped out of the gym.  Fluid lines and stripe embellishments keep the look fresh and easy to wear. Don with trainers or heels.
Chloe via Pinterest




10. Butterscotch
Butterscotch is a shade I have yet to try. I'm more than a little unsure about dipping my toe into it but will certainly be researching it in more detail. Maybe a bag would be a good place to start? TopShop have done a fabulous job in copying these 3.1 Philip Lim boots!
3.1 Philip Lim via Pinterest

TopShop Unique Valiant Boot

My regular posting days will now be Mondays and Thursdays with an extra post thrown in here and there, so do pop by when you can.  Why not subscribe to the Highstreetedited blog so all new posts go direct to your inbox?

Sue xx



No comments :

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you! Please leave a comment/ask a question.