google-site-verification=cQ3VqzoEktFt40uovlR5iyuXhmddmenveWmuF94LWZs

Thursday 21 January 2016

Pimping Up a Black Coat


So last week I realised that I had a maxi coat sized hole in my wardrobe... this realisation hit me when I was browsing the Monsoon Sale for a pair of tan suede boots which a friend of mine had found in our local branch for only £27.50. (Yes, I am easily distracted!) Anyway, once I found said boots I browsed the rest of the Sale stuff  and found this maxi coat at half price.


 


I wasn't too sure if I really loved it until I saw this picture of it styled with a leather fringed belt.





Off I went searching for a similar belt and eventually decided on this one as, although it is simpler than the one in the picture, it still has some fringing and metal detail to give the coat more of a rock-chic edge. It's also at a very reasonable price (a tenner).



So, here's how it looks on the coat..






The coat is now all sold out online but I have found these alternatives, all of which I think would work with a tie- belt.

From Left to Right:
Mango Handmade CoatASOS Maxi Military CoatZara Funnel Coat

ASOS have lots of similar belts herehere and here.  I'm thinking to wear mine with a jumpsuit, dress or skirt too to add some interest and edginess.

See you next time,

Sue xx



2 comments :

  1. The belt absolutely makes it for me Sue....fab idea as it such a beautiful coat! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, may give it its first outing tomorrow. May even take a pic!! Sue xx

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you! Please leave a comment/ask a question.