google-site-verification=cQ3VqzoEktFt40uovlR5iyuXhmddmenveWmuF94LWZs

Saturday 2 May 2020

My Lockdown Beauty Must-Haves




May.

It's the start of a new month, so I thought I'd pull my finger out and type my first blog post of 2020 - finally!  I've thought about writing a post many times over the past few weeks whilst I've been confined to my house, but I've not quite got around to it. Don't ask what I have actually been doing with my time..I'm really not sure!  The days just seem to slip by so quickly - we will be into the seventh week of lockdown on Monday (just in case you're not keeping count!).  Anyway I won't bore myself or  you with any more lockdown talk... so on with the post.

As soon as I found out that I would be unable to have my usual beauty and hair appointments for a few weeks/months there were a few necessities that I HAD to buy to ensure I didn't turn into a hairy mammoth.

1.  WAX to remove my upper lip hairs and mono brow which seem to grow at an ever-increasing pace these days..
I chose this one and would highly recommend.. there was no real reason for choosing the vegan version other than I dithered about over the purchase and this was the only type left in stock at the time of purchase.

Sugar Coated Vegan Wax £12.99

2.  EYEBROW TINT  to ensure that my eyebrows don't do a disappearing act over the next few weeks, and that pesky white hair that keeps coming back matches all the rest.


Brown and Lash Tint £15  This will be shipped w/c 11th May

3.  NAIL TREATMENT to repair my nails which had been suffering from too many Shellac polishes and copious amounts of  handwashing.  I was also hoping to be able to recreate a professional and long-lasting toe polish using these..so far so good, onto Week 3..  The base coat gives a lovely shine to nails if you can't be bothered to add polish (yes, that's me!)

Nails Inc Number Ones £10


4.  HAIRCARE  to keep those locks in super shiny condition and maybe (in my case) even attempt to grow to a longer length without it turning into thin, straggly rats' tails - yes, you've guessed it I really bought this because of the "promise" of "3 more inches".  Fingers crossed.


Lifesaver Treatment £29

Cashmere Protein UV Shampoo £19

Cashmere Protein UV Conditioner £19


I'm also tempted by this Redken Blondage set, to keep my blonde highlights from turning too yellow...

Redken Color Extend Blondage Kit



5.  HANDS My hands have suffered badly from all the handwashing and this handcream has helped my hands to recover from that oil-stripping antibac handwash.  Not bad for an item I bought to qualify for free shipping.

Nip & Fab Glycolic Hand Renew £4.01


Do you have any Lockdown  Beauty Must-Haves? 

I'll be back soon with some of my favourite lounge wear pieces - who knew how comfy and stylish hoodies & jogging pants could be?

Sue xx










No comments :

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you! Please leave a comment/ask a question.