google-site-verification=cQ3VqzoEktFt40uovlR5iyuXhmddmenveWmuF94LWZs

Friday 18 September 2015

Autumn Style: Black Jeans - Splurge vs Steal

I have just realised that this is my 50th Post! Hurrah, celebrations over, now on with the post..

Over the last few days I have been searching for the perfect pair of black jeans; after finding several contenders I have narrowed these down to just two options...


Black jeans; Splurge vs Steal
Splurge: Mint Velvet Detroit Zip Skinny Jeans £79 here (15% off plus free delivery and returns with code NEWYORK15)
Steal: Florence and Fred Zip Detail Super Skinny Jeans £14 here (I can vouch for these as I am wearing a pair as I type. They are extremely comfy as they have a slight stretch, and are just the right weight for this transitional weather. The waist is slightly higher than a low rise so nothing is revealed when you sit down - neither mummy tummy nor knickers. Well worth a try)

There are of course lots of more expensive jeans out there, for example the Ellsworth Jean from MiH, available here


the 700 Series Black Skinny Jean from Levi's, available here,

and the Margot High Rise Jean from Paige, available here.

Way out of my budget but worth watching in case they are heavily reduced in the Sales later in the Season.

Do you pay more than £100 for a pair of jeans, or are you happy with a budget pair, as long as they're comfortable?

Sue xx

4 comments :

  1. I've been getting most of my jeans from Zara lately although everyone raves about the Topshop ones so I might give them a try. Love black jeans though and I love a bit of detail - maybe a zip on the ankle or hip. Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried the Topshop jeans and they're not for me. These Tesco ones fit me just right and are such great value too. Cost per wear £0.0001! I've spotted some faux leather leggings in Zara so might (read will!) be giving them a try! Sue xx

      Delete
  2. I have jeans from all price ranges and I have to say it doesnt seem to make a huge difference quality wise just seems to be finding a good fit for you? I have heard really good things about the Florence and Fred jeans though!! All Black jeans seem to fade as well, so I always wash inside out in a low temp...good luck with your decision!! Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Helen. I'm very happy with the F&F jeans so far. Worn 3 times so far without a hitch, in for washing so will see how they fare after a few turns in the washer! I'd agree it's definitely how they fit you rather than how much that cost you !

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you! Please leave a comment/ask a question.